Wednesday, December 1, 2010

THANKS AND GIG 'EM

Fair warning: I just got the answer today.

I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (COLLEGE STATION) AND WILL BE ATTENDING THERE FOR COLLEGE.

I mean, it's no big deal, really. It's only my dream school...

Yeah, it's not the prettiest campus. No, it doesn't have all the glitz and glamour of other schools. But it has rich traditions. The campus is alive. It's an military school. One that people in my family have been attending for 4 generations.

And I get to go there. So, any admissions people who happen across my blog, THANK YOU. God has blessed me in so many ways and this is absolutely one of them. So, thank you Lord! What a great day.

When I saw the page where I go to check my application status, my jaw dropped and I could literally feel my heart in my stomach. My hands started to shake because it just said "a decision has been made". Then, below it, it said to "click here" to accept offer. So the logical side of me registered that I got in because they wouldn't be offering me something if I wasn't accepted. But there was still that other part of me that was just thinking, "There's no way." Then the little box was like "Congratulations, you have been accepted into Texas A&M University!"

I started bawling. Then I called my mom. And cried more. Then I updated Facebook. Then I woke up my dad (who has had food poisoning) and told him. Then Tanner and I did a happy dance. Then I accepted the offer.

Talk about a load off my chest.

The amazing part is that just yesterday, a family friend had just prayed for my A&M application in the woman's Bible study she's in. The thing online said the answer went out in an email yesterday. Mind blowing! God works in amazing ways.

Part of me won't fully believe this until I have the acceptance letter in my hands (which will probably happen tomorrow). But then I'll apply for housing (hello, Commons?) and get a room mate and be well on my way to getting myself a degree and ring from Texas A&M University. I am just SO happy right now. Unbelievably happy. It's ridiculous.

So, I will leave with three things:

1. Jeremiah 29:11 (look it up)

2. "I will cut off the horns of the wicked..." Psalm 75:10a

3. WHOOP! (even though, as an incoming freshman, I'm not technically allowed to do that. But I think exceptions can be made...)

Thanks, and gig 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment