Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Senior year?! College applications?! Since when?!

Well, today I had an epic freak-out moment. Does anyone realize that it's almost August? Meaning that summer is less than a month from being over? Am I the only one who has noticed this? So, in a few weeks, I'll be starting my final year of high school. And here's all that I have to think about, the big, the small, and the insignificant for the future.

1. Senior overalls?! AHHHHH! I just took them out of my closet today to wash...I haven't touched them besides that. I'm just very overwhelmed and am thinking that Coppell is a little ridiculous with this whole senior spirit thing. I mean, they're so cool to look at and all but I never realized the stress that comes with decorating denim! Good heavens!

2. Homecoming angst...already. Here's the deal: I've had a homecoming date (okay, so it was my boyfriend) every year. And now that I am single (not a bad thing at all in normal life...just in situations like homecoming), I do not have my guarenteed security. I know that it is a pointless waste in money and overdone and stupid as all get-out. But this year when I'm in my classes and I'm the only one without a mum (as annoying as they are)...well, it should be a trying day. I'm not self-absorbed or anything. But I just hate the feeling of being left out.

3. Prom. Yes, I'm already slightly worried about that. Even though I shouldn't be. It'll be a great night of awesome but there's that whole issue of what group I'll be with, if I'll have a date, will someone else be wearing my dress...etc. It's just not good.

4. College applications. I'm taking a break to finish my OSU one right now. It's the only college I'm applying to with an application fee. It's also the only college right now that's open to the public because the Apply Texas schools don't open early application until August 1st...the day I leave for Pine Cove.

I just feel like senior year has suddenly snuck up on me and I am so not ready for it yet. It's a frightening feeling.

But here's the cool part. Senior year is going to start fast and get faster. Things are going to start changing soon. But God will worry about it for me. I don't need to. That's what I have to keep thinking about. "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.'" I have hope; I have a future. But only in God. All this senior madness is going to come at me like a fastball. But God will be my home-run hitter just like Josh Hamilton is to the Rangers; I can always count on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment