Wednesday, November 14, 2012

21 for 21

Hey. I turned 21 yesterday, which is pretty weird. So I decided to list out 21 random things about me, that I have observed, or learned. Or whatever. This is a pretty random post. Bear with me, people.

1. Alcohol is pretty gross, y'all. My first impression: it tastes like how nail polish would taste. I don't think y'all will need to be worried about me going out and getting totally plastered. So there's that.

2. It is a requirement for southern people to refer to their parents as "Mother and Daddy".

3. A&M football is pretty much the best ever.

4. Life is hard. God is good.

5. You survive off of strange things in college (popcorn, strawberries, and grilled cheese)

6. Sometimes, when you sing and stomp loudly, the cops get called on you. Happy birthday to me. But if it's your birthday, they won't give you a ticket.

7. There's nothing quite like a Pine Cove birthday rap.

8. Every time Taylor Swift releases a new album, I am reminded of how good it feels to roll down the windows and have a jam session to angsty pseudo-country music.

9. Twitter is the new Facebook.

10. It is not abnormal to come home from class and immediately take your pants off.

11. Seeing the same movie 3 times in 10 days is acceptable. Pitch Perfect, you're welcome.

12. The best kind of friend is the one who can read your mind and answer whatever you were thinking about.

13. Sonic happy hour is the antidote to anything. Feel bad about a test? Go to sonic. Stressed? Go to sonic. Hungry? Go to sonic to get a drink to go with your food.

14. It's okay if you have to drop a class. The world won't end. Grades are not eternal.

15. I am loved despite me.

16. The Rangers are currently still one of the best teams in baseball regardless of their unfortunate season ending. And I still love them.

17. Princess Diaries never gets old.

18. 2 Corinthians 12:9. "And He said to me 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness' So I will boast all the more in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may shine through me."

19. Sometimes I just ponder how much easier life would be if I could teleport. Like when I miss the bus or don't want to hike up 4 flights of stairs. That's weird, right?

20. I still wish I could sing, but I've found that singing loud and proud is more fun than trying to match pitch.

21. After 21 years of running into things, knocking things over, and tripping and falling, I've come to realize that I might have tight Achille's tendons or whatever, but I was made in the image of a perfect God. And if He wants me to be quirky and clumsy, then I'll take it.

Life lessons. They're abundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment