Sunday, January 20, 2013

2012 in review

Sorry I've been so bad at blogging y'all. I blame finals, work, and Netflix.

Anyways. Here's my recap of 2012 in a nutshell.

It started rough. Rejections from 4 camps was not the most prime way to start a year, but the Lord was quick to show me his faithfulness in giving me Impact. Spring semester was defined by resting in how I was being so cared for by my friends, family, and God. Namely God. Impact was a huge blessing to me because it renewed a hope that I'd lost and pulled me off the wandering road I was on.

Spring ended and summer began. New lessons came in the form of patience, tolerance, and confidence. When you work somewhere that doesn't have a strong Christian basis, it's going to make you adapt and make a choice: follow Christ or slip into the world. And after having a semester where I was totally surrounded by people who were sold out for Christ, it was a bit of a culture shock. I was asked to go party several Saturday nights and had to explain why I didn't drink. I had to make sure that I wasn't being rude to people I didn't like and not complaining about things I disagreed with. As for confidence...let's just say that I was reaffirmed of my socially acceptable personality and started seeing myself through the Lord's eyes and not my own.

Impact began on August. FINALLY. After preparing all spring semester and all summer, I met the freshman I'd been praying for over the past 8 months. And they were worth the wait. My fellow counselors and I were blown away by how open they were to listening to us and wanted to hang out with us. The Lord has been so good in helping me to keep relationships with the freshman who I can now call my friends. They're awesome and I've seen God do some awesome things in their lives.

Fall semester was another semester of figuring out college. I rested in Christ more than ever and was peaceful, joyful, and hopeful. I also learned that dropping a class was okay. Who knew? The Lord also was constant in reminding me how I was lovable--he wouldn't die for someone who wasn't. Am I right? And my living situation took a turn from "good" to "excellent" as I moved into an apartment with 3 of my closest friends, where not wearing pants is acceptable and you must have all the songs of "Pitch Perfect" memorized. Obviously, I befriended the right group of girls. Beyond them, my friend group continued to grow and our activities became more hilarious (see "the great apartment rearrangement" story for example). I would say "blessed" is an understatement.

So now we're at 2013 and it's promising to look like an excellent year. I'm pumped to see where the Lord will take me (He's shown me a few snippets already) and how I'm going to grow this year.

There's my sappy wrap-up post. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment