Wednesday, January 23, 2013

So this year already...

We're 23 days into 2013--the year that wasn't supposed to exist. And it's already promising to be quite an adventure. Here's why.

1. It's house hunting season in College Station y'all. That means people are going crazy and our nice college town is well on it's way to becoming a shark tank. So far, I've looked at a few houses that I like, each with their ups and downs. The current focus is sort of a fixer-upper, but nothing a power sprayer, an extra layer of paint on the front door, and some shrubbery can't fix. I'll keep you posted on that one though.

2. I'm going to London this spring break. So that will be pretty neat. But also requires me to get all my ducks in a row and keep them there. My ducks are typically all over the place. I guess I'll keep you posted on that too.

3. Impact counselor applications, interviews, and rev nights are coming up in the next 2 weeks. I feel like Impact is where I'm supposed to be and I have such a heart for it, but the Lord works in mysterious ways, so we'll see! One more thing I'll keep you posted on.

4. Oh hey. So A&M is ranked #2 in the preseason college football standings. That is something we'll all get to wait and see on. Gig 'em.

5. Speaking of A&M's football team, we have a pretty awesome quarterback. Won the Heisman as a freshman. It's fine. And this little English nerd/sports fanatic happened to run into him in an elevator and took a picture with him. So that's something that my great-grandchildren will know about and have the picture of. Yes world, I have a picture with Johnny Manziel. Bask in my excellent timing and knowledge of football and rare moment of boldness.

6. This semester will probably be crazy. But I have a few things keeping me going. London. My picture with Johnny Football. And, above all, the knowledge that God is good.

So reader, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment