Monday, May 25, 2015

How does a Keurig work? And other thoughts by a new "grown up"

It's been 9 days since I successfully walked the stage and became a former student of Texas A&M University. My ring has been turned around, and now the eagle, like all the other Aggies that have come before me, now stand behind the class of 2015.

Whoop.

I had a week of freedom on a beach in Florida, but tomorrow dawns adulthood. Or something that resembles it.

Somehow, I have found myself at an internship that is 8-5, four days a week. My first thought when I heard that was, "But I don't know how to adult yet." But that 6:30 alarm is going to go off, and I might become a coffee drinker (which means I should figure out the Keurig), and that toll tag is going to ring up a tab, and I have to figure out what a w9 is.

It's the most thrilling, terrifying thing in the world. I mean, I'm wearing makeup and a skirt before the sun rises tomorrow. Who even am I? I need to find a travel mug and learn to like cliff bars. Work is going to come, and the adventure of life with a degree begins. Somehow just waving it around on a stage doesn't mean I will automatically succeed at all jobs. Who knew?

In addition to my four days a week of being a grown up, I'll also be raising support to do ministry in the fall. So that's equal parts scary and exciting. The Lord is faithful to provide, and has far exceeded anything I could've imagined so far. I have no doubt that my finances will be any exception. But if you could keep me in your prayers for that, I would appreciate it.

Now all THAT being said, I will consider this my official announcement of what I'm doing in the fall (Facebook posts aren't my thing anymore). I will be working for Grace Bible Church in College Station doing college ministry with A&M and Blinn students. The Gospel is cool, and I would like to share it.

The world is big, I'm very little, and God is good. He clearly knows what he's doing, and I'm excited (and, you know, unbelievably nervous) to see how this very bright future he has painted continues to pan out.

Good morning, sunrise. You and I will become very familiar with each other, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment