Sunday, January 24, 2016

Since my last post

Time has simultaneously flown by and dragged on.

It's been like that for the last several years, and I'm beginning to think that this isn't just a phase, but my reality.

And, really, I can't decide if I like it or not.

Blogspot is telling me that my last post was before my 24th birthday, which is weird, because it feels like my birthday was ages ago. Since that point, I've planned (or helped my mom plan) a good amount of my wedding (weird), gone to a foreign country in which I knew nothing about the language, and learned that you could train an almost-two-year-old to sing Adele's "Hello." Yes, you may refer to my flower girl as Adellie. She's quite talented.

She also legitimately thinks her name is "Ellie Bug" because we call her that so often. Win.

Anyways.

My fiance and I have been pining away at the days, wishing they would speed up so I could officially be Linley Stringer, and forgetting that there is great joy in the waiting. And while I know only a little bit more about being married than I did about the country I visited, I do know this:

The Lord has given me a great hope in the future of being in His kingdom, but that does not dismiss me from living in the now. Engagement is a process. Planning for the future is a process. And there is room for error all over the place. But I cannot be outside the will of God if I commit myself to following Him.

So let's stop wasting time by staring at the ticking hand of the clock, waiting for that "one thing" that will bring us ___________.

It's only Jesus. It will only ever be Jesus to fill our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment