Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Heyyyyyyyyyyy Africa!

The title of this post comes from a Youtube video. I recommend it.
In other news, I'm going to KENYA this summer on a 17 day mission trip with some awesome people from my church. I didn't think I've ever been more excited for a summer than I am for the 2010 one. Ohh yes. So I've decided to make a list of the things I'm excited about and a list of things I'm scared/worried about. And then I'll have some prayer requests so if ANYONE is actually reading this blog, you can pray for them. Thanks!
List one: things I'm super pumped about
1. Um, hello? IT'S AFRICA.
2. I'll get to experience my saving God in a new and exciting way
3. My life will be completely transformed
4. I've never been across the Atlantic before. Come to think of it, I've never been across any ocean before. The biggest body of water I've crossed is the Gulf of Mexico.
5. The team I'm going with is sort of amazing.
6. Did I mention that it's Africa?
7. A friend and I are going to teach the stanky leg to African children...irony at it's finest
8. Helloooooooo safari!
9. Why yes, my God HAS called me to go to Kenya in His name. Thanks for asking.
10. This trip will be yet another way God pushes me to give my ALL to Him. Still need to continue to work on that
11. Oh the memories I will get :)

List two: things that I'm scared/worried about
1. It's Africa...meaning that nothing is like what I'm used to
2. There's fair shot that plans will change and I like schedules
3. I'm a picky eater. Enough said.
4. What if I can't put myself out there? Correction*: what if I find that my faith isn't enough to put myself out there?
5. The getting there will take about a day (the flying and the stop in London)
6. The time change is 8 hours ahead...meaning that my sleep schedule is going to be so wacked out
7. I tend to get bored easily (see worry #5 for more information)
8. 11 teenage girls are going...yikes?

Prayer requests:
1. My youth minister. This is the biggest group of youth he's taken.
2. My team (money, bonding together so there won't be drama, preperation of the hearts, etc)
3. The leaders going
4. The kids/college students my team will my ministering to
5. That God will be able to do powerful things in everyone's lives

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28: 18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment