Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I write letters to people I've never met

So, I'm Linley. And I've become mildly obsessed with mystery guest husband. I mean, I don't constantly think about him, but an occasional "I wonder what Mr. Husband is doing right now?" might go through my noggin every now and again. So, last year, I decided to write him a letter. Then I wrote him another one. And it all just snowballed so that, now, I've written him 16 letters. And I'm but the tender age of 18.
I'm writing these so that he can know that I was praying for him, loving him, before we even knew each other. Trusting that I don't know him now. Which I highly doubt. Anyway, I think it would be so cool to hand him this binder/book/thing with all these letters that I've written to him. Or maybe it would just be creepy. Hopefully not the latter though. At any rate, I'd like to think that dearest hubby is thinking about who he'll end up with and maybe, possibly, occassionally, pray for me too.
To change the subject, I've decided that high school boys are all idiots in some way, shape, or form. Therefore, I am ready for college boys. This guy who works with the youth at my church told me not to date guys who are younger than college juniors (hey, Jason). Don't know if I'll actually heed that advice, but my high school's pool of dudes isn't holding much for me.
So after that mini rant, I don't think that I'm quite ready to meet my husband and to hand him his letters. I do know that God's shown me time and time again that He's got a plan. And that mystery guest husband will stop being a mystery when he and I are both ready for the veil to be uncovered (no pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment