Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I LOVE THE RANGERS

I'm going to be honest: I would rather watch the Rangers than the Cowboys.

Now, not to say that I dislike the Cowboys, but...I sort of do. I LOVE Jason Witten and Miles Austin. But Romo? Barber? Jerry Jones? Uh, no thank you. Truthfully, I would much rather see my boys with the baseballs go to the World Series than watch the silver and navy head to the Super Bowl. Personal preference. Here's why...

The Rangers' team is AMAZING. Here are my top favorites:
1. Josh Hamilton. LOVE HIM. Though he is currently out due to running into the wall to make a catch, he will hopefully be back in action in the near future! He's just an awesome guy and holds the record for longest homerun in the Ballpark in Arlington. Whatabeast.
2. Michael Young. A class act. Great hitter, speed demon, cool guy. He's your All-American baseball player. What's not to like?
3. Bengie Molina. The Rangers' new catcher. He is large. And he is not the youngest on the roster. But if you can hit the cycle (single, double, triple, homer) then you basically shoot to the top of my list of awesome people.
4. David Murphy. Four words: Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy sic 'em Bears! :)
5. Elvis Andrus. Beast.
6. Julio Borbon. Luhgit.
7. Nelson "Nelly" Cruz. HOLLAAAAA
8. Vladimir Guerrero. Big Bad Vlad. Vladdy. The Vladiator. Whichever way you spin it, he's a designated hitter because he's awesome. My favorite part about Vlad is not his slugging abilities though. It's the fact that he looks like he's constantly having fun. He's always smiling. I just feel like that Vlad would be so fun to hang out with for a day. Too bad he speaks pretty much no English.
9. Ian Kinsler. Okay, I'm a little hesitant to put his name on here because of his latest idiocy. Honestly, you can't expect to get away with saying "eff you" (except actually using the word) to an umpire and get away with it. Not possible. So he was therefore ejected from the game. To quote Antoine from "The Bed Intruder": "You are so dumb. You are really dumb. For real!" But he's a great hitter and infielder but sometimes baseball players like to use colorful language that may not be appropriate for daily conversation.

Another reason why I want the Rangers' to get to the World Series? Because we have a good shot at beating the Yankees. Who will probably end up at the World Series. Like last year. And all other years. I hate, hate, hate the Yankees. I guess part of it is because of the time-old thoughts that everyone hates the one who gets everything. And because I think A-Rod (who I affectionately call A-Roid) needs to get his big, egotistical head out of his butt. He just thinks he's hot snot on a silver platter. When, in actuality, he's a cold buggar on a paper plate. And then there's Nick Swisher. Now, until the past month or so, I didn't really have a problem with him. Then one of the Rangers pitchers sent a strike-out his way. So, with lovely tact, Swisher decides to throw his bat down and drop the f-bomb very loudly. But it's okay, because Molina later tags him out at home plate by hitting Swisher's family jewels. Muahahaha. Oh, and hey Yankees? Who swept you this weekend? Sorry...my memory is fading. SIKE! I love my Rangers.

So yes. That's my baseball rant. GO RANGERS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment