Monday, June 14, 2010

Big 12? Consider yourself alive and miscounted.

Ahhh, sweet relief. The Big 12 is together again. Or, rather, The Big 10. I think?

The "inevitable" situation ranted about in my last blog post seems to be proven wrong. Which I'm thrilled about. This is one thing that I'm glad that I wasn't right about. UT and A&M can continue to have their time-old rivalry. The Red River Shootout will continue to be fought.

And, as a football fan, these facts delight me.

However, am I the only one who is amused by this concept: the Pack 10 is now host to 12 schools while the Big 12 now has ten? And I thought colleges were meant for higher education. Guess that doesn't apply to athletes.

TOTALLY KIDDING.

Anyway, here is my newest proposition: TCU and Houston complete the Big 12. I know that this won't happen, though. For a few reasons. First of all, the guy on the news said that the Big 12 was solidified now, meaning no one else was switching conferences. Second of all (and this is really only pertaining to TCU), UT is terrified of losing to the Frogs, so no Big 12 invitation will be extended into Fort Worth. Why? Because they don't want to be defeated by a team who hasn't been good since the 1930s. Because UT is full of egomaniacs who are scared to death of losing their control over the Big 12/10/whatever it's called. Okay, so maybe that's a slight exaggeratioin. But not much. UT genuinely doesn't want to fight TCU--because they're afraid of the outcome. Because TCU has a fair shot at winning. And, I mean, look at the baseball games over the past weekend? Who came out on top then, huh Horns? Muahahaha.

But although the Frogs will stay in the Mountain West, I'm glad that the Big 12 is staying mostly intact. And, if I'm being totally honest, I didn't really care about Nebraska and Colorado. They were expendable. Not to sound rude or anything.

Letter to the University of Texas:
Yes, UT, I still hate you. But not nearly as much as I did a few days ago. On Saturday, I sort of wanted to punch your school president or whoever was calling your shots. I mean, you were threatening to break apart the very football conference that I'm mildly obsessed with. Then you procede to destroy TCU in baseball. But today was much better because I learned that you were defeated by the Frogs and that you formally declined the Pack 10's request to join the conference, thus ensuring harmonious rivalry within the greater TX/OK territory.

So, Aggies, we can continue to proudly "saw Varsity's horns off". But sawing a few pig snouts off every year at Cowboy Stadium won't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment