Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mission 2010: a short recap

The long and short of it? This year's 86:12 trip gets a big thumbs up from me. From a ministry standpoint, it was so far past amazing. Here's a few things that I learned/noticed.

1. The biggest theme of the year was that you don't actually have to pray with a kid or show them the Bible. Simply giving them attention and love can show the love of God. A facebook note will expand on this more, but this is the abbreviated version.

2. 86:12 was onto something huh-uge. And el diablo noticed. Starting off with a sixth grade girl having to have surgery because she fell off her bunk bed and broke part of her skull. At first, I just saw it has a hugely unfortunate occurance. But then an over-the-top guy showed me otherwise. Satan was all, "Hey, let's injure a 12 year old girl and maybe this group of Jesus freaks will bail out on the ATL." Haha, so funny, ya idiot. Because Lauren being hurt only gave the other 205 people on the trip more of a fire for God...especially when she healed/healing amazingly. Then, on top of Lauren, we had some 50ish people get sick on the trip. Some call it bad health in a large group setting. I call it the devil's work.

3. Old people are awesome. And really like holding hands.

4. My new family group? I'm ridiculously tight with them. Woo!

5. God can make something out of absolutely nothing. No, it's not spontaneous generation. It's divine intervention.

6. No celebrity died this year while on the trip.

That's my short and extremely ADD thoughts on the mission trip this year. Like I said, my thoughts and stories will be fleshed out better on the book of faces (facebook...for those of you who don't speak my language). Hope you enjoyed this small list of random thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment