Sunday, December 4, 2011

Next day, next week, next month, next semester

This post is going to be a jumbled mess. I'm just preparing you now before you start reading. Consider yourself warned.

Today is Monday. Today is the last day in my geography and anthropology classes. Today is the day that I start hardcore studying for my finals that are looming above me in the next seven days. The next day (some people call it "tomorrow") is Tuesday. Tuesday at five in the morning is when I register for my classes next semester. That means I'm rolling out of bed at 4:30 to make sure everything is in order and I'll constantly be refreshing the page to make sure all my options still have room in them (because a few are cutting it somewhat close). Most, I think, are good. But then, crisis, I need to be forced into a class. It's highly inconvenient but academic advisors are wizards with professors so we'll see what we can do. But if my dream schedule works, I'll only have one class on Friday and it ends at 12:20--which is kind of epic.

Next week, on Monday at 3pm, I will be officially done with my first semester of classes in college. That Wednesday I'll be home in a big, non-lofted bed with real water pressure in my shower and vegetables in the kitchen and a walk-in pantry and recliners. I'm a little excited. The family time will be so refreshing after only dealing with college students for 4 months. Sometimes, a girl just needs her mama.

Next month I'll have been a bridesmaid in a wedding (nuts!) and will be going to Maryland to hang out with my cousin in this awesome Christian fellowship that she's in. It'll be my first time to fly alone, so I'm a little scared (don't judge me...I've flown to Africa but I've never flown alone) but mostly really excited. However, Maryland is north of, say, Oklahoma, and will therefore be very cold. I'm a Texas girl. I don't do cold. Haley is definitely worth braving the weather, though.

Next semester is so dang close. I can't believe I'm halfway done with my first year of college! It promises to hold more friendships, more opportunities, more experiences, and more lessons. I know that the Lord is going ahead of me and has a perfect, flawless plan. And, though I know it'll be tough at times, I can't wait to see it continue to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment