Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm pretty much falling apart. And other realizations.

I'm that kid who rarely gets sick. A headache every now and then. A stomachache once in a while. Maybe a stuffy nose a few times a year. But this past week, I've literally thought that my body was at war with itself.

Let's list the issues:

1. The weird, circular rash I've had on my left wrist that's been there since mid-December? Ringworm. I now own some anti-fungal cream. As I type this, the cream is currently drying on my wrist. Ew.

2. The fact that I can't hear out of my right ear? Clogged. I bought some gross, oily stuff to stick in there twice a day to remove the stuff.

3. Congestion, sneezing, wheezing, inability to breathe with my mouth closed? Sudafed.

4. Add the thyroid medication I've been taking my whole life, and you've got one very medicated Linley.

All-in-all, I've had a very strange, highly uncommon week. The girl who never gets sick has more than one weird ailment. The irony is almost too much to bear.

As for the other realizations, here's another list.

1. It won't be the end of the world if I don't work at a camp this summer.

2. This current semester has been very interesting. And it needs to chill out. Soon.

3. Netflix is so good and so bad.

4. American Literature is awesome.

5. Last night, I actually prayed that my earwax would go away. Here's to God listening to the big and the small.

6. Who am I supposed to cheer for in the Super Bowl when I despise both of them? Angst.

7. I need to memorize 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 big time.

See ya later, reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment