Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I am second.

So I normally don't write poetry. I'm bad at it and it always sounds really corny/stupid and I just don't write it unless it's goofy...like a haiku about popcorn or something. So this poem is my attempt at being serious or religious or whatever. It's about the "I am second" campaign. A link will be provided after the poem. Try not to judge me and my horrible poetry abilities (or lack thereof).

Second

We are

Judged
Different
Misunderstood
Foreign
Aliens
We don't belong
According to the rest of the world

We are

Beloved
Forgiven
Needed
Beautiful
Strengthened
Empowered
By our God

We are

Not to judge
To always love
Always considered different
Going to stay forgiven
Forever misunderstood
More beautiful than jewels
As foreign as it gets
Given strength by the One who made us
The original ETs
Granted power by an even more powerful Savior
Never going to belong to the world

We are

Second.


Yeah..that was that. Here's the link!
iamsecond.com

No comments:

Post a Comment