Saturday, June 4, 2011

BEM Day 31: Last

Because the month of May has 31 days in it and this is my 31st post in a row (not counting Memorial Day weekend), it is technically my last day to post every day. And I don't think that I'm going to blog every day for the rest of my life--I'm too busy for that and don't have enough things to write about. But I make a promise to you, reader: I will blog as often as I can.

But there's another reason why this post is titled "Last". Today was the last time I will ever be with all of my classmates. When I walked across that stage, it was the last time some of the members of the CHS class of 2011 will ever see me. I'm hoping it's the last time someone will mispronounce my name (yes, it happened at my graduation. My name is not Lindsey. There is no "s" in "Linley") but it won't be.

Tonight is the last night I will be with the majority of my classmates as we party until the wee hours of the morning at Main Event.

Some of the friendships I've made will last me a long time, maybe even a lifetime. But most won't. I know that. I used to be afraid of that, but, at last, I'm not. The future holds some promises and some fears and I'm ready to see what's going to happen in the next four years.

So, an ode to last. I know this probably sounds like I'm signing off for good, but I'm not. More will come from this brain and through these fingers on a keyboard. But I'm not a high school girl anymore. I've grown up but I still have a long way to go.

Names, places, and events will change. Times will pass and new ones will take their places. Life is ending and life is beginning. I'm popping the bubble by getting out of it but I'm not quite ready to step too far from it.

Sorry for being cliche, reader. It's hard to not be.

But this will not be the last time for me to do the "I am..." things. Because I like that. So that'll stick around for some posts.

I'll keep you posted, reader.


I am...

Listening to: "Loving You Tonight" by Andrew Allen
Looking forward to: PROJECT GRADUATION
Procrastinating: Changing into my PG shirt
Thinking about: The past 4 years
Wondering: What crazy adventure I'm about to embark on
Reflecting over: Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment