Friday, June 17, 2011

It's almost here.

So, I had this epic blog post planned in honor of my final 86:12 mission trip (as a student, anyways). It was going to have a countdown separated by how until I had to be at the airport with paragraphs in between each count that described what I was excited for and what I was anxious about and all of that jazz.

Then I had to clean my room.

Then I went to dinner.

Then I watched the Rangers game and wrote "thank you" cards.

Then I packed.

Then I recleaned my room because packing is messy.

Then I looked at my clock and saw that it was midnight and saw that I had 5 hours until I had to be at the airport and only about 3 1/2 hours to actually sleep.

Then I realized that I still had to shower.

Then I became thoroughly overwhelmed.

So that's what happened since I started this post earlier this evening (or yesterday evening?). The count is down to 4 hours and 58 minutes before my arrival at DFW airport. 57 minutes now.

Reader, I apologize for my terrible planning abilities. I should have been blogging this whole week about New York and all the cool things I get to do and who I get to minister with (I'm sharing something I wrote at a homeless ministry...CRAZY.)

Of course, if I get a minute to run into the Empire State Building, you know that I will be asking for the 600th floor to visit Olympus and looking for any signs of damage that may have occurred during Percy and Kronos' battle a few years back. You know that I will stand in reverence of Ground Zero. You know that I will proudly represent both the Rangers and A&M. And you know that this year's senior skit is going to be epic.

I will take pictures. I will make memories. I will laugh and I will cry. But, above all else, I will love. I will love because of how desperately and passionately I am loved and to be selfish of such love wouldn't be loving of me at all.

So now I have 4 hours, 52 minutes, and 23 seconds.

22.

21.

20.

19...

New York, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment