Saturday, September 3, 2011

Personality flaw

So, you should know that I'm very, very competitive.

I have never been a good sports player, but I am an avid watcher. Baseball and football are my sports that I know a striking amount about and I flaunt that shamelessly. I'm the one who explains the game to my friends who are sitting around me. I'm the one who excitedly checks the ESPN app on my phone to see what time my teams play. I'm that girl.

So, naturally, I get very into my teams. I'm very protective of them and overly defensive. I'm a devoted fan but a realistic one (let's face it, the Aggies probably won't win the national title this year, as good as Tannehill's arm is and as fast as Cyrus Grey can run). I know what I'm talking about when my teams are brought up and even though I'm going to A&M, I still am a devout TCU fan.

The sad fact is that I am not gracious in defeat. I do not do well with playful taunting. I have an ego and don't have great sportsmanship if prodded. It's a character flaw that I'm working on, but with the fact that A&M football is a way of life here, I don't see my efforts going very far. I get myself in trouble when it comes to being outspoken about my teams. In 24 minutes of having an anti-Baylor status up, I got 9 comments (mostly from adults who went to Baylor and my church...and my mom) about how I should watch my mouth and what I say and see if I have any babysitting jobs this upcoming summer if I keep this up (basically, 80% of my church went to Baylor). I responded to all of this with: Not apologizing.

Do I regret being sassy and standing up for TCU when they suffered a rather embarrassing loss at the hands of a school with a mediocre football team? Absolutely not. I will take the heat and dish it right back. And you better believe that I'll be 100x louder and prouder when it comes to fightin' Aggie football. So, VRBC, I love you, but I'm going to speak my mind about what I think about my teams and yours. And don't test my knowledge.

There's more to me than what meets the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment