Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SECede!!

So, A&M is almost officially headed to the terrifying and powerhouse-stacked Southeastern Conference. Their board of directors, or whoever calls the shots, unanimously voted A&M into the SEC and the Aggies couldn't be more excited.

There's just one, little problem: Baylor University of Wacko is taking legal action. They want to prevent A&M from heading into the strongest conference in the nation. On one side, I can see their angst. I felt the same way when tu was attempting to get into the Pac 10 (or was it the Big 10?) last year. I didn't want the football conference to fall apart.

But let's face it. The Big 12 is about to be extinct. I know that tu was threatening to never play A&M again if we moved to the SEC, but I that was a while ago and I'm not sure on any further action. I feel fairly confident, though, that Thanksgiving day will always be dedicated to A&M and tu as they fight out their century-old rivalry. I would be stunned if that didn't happen.

My wheels are turning and I still have several unanswered questions about who we'll still play and who we won't. The times are changing for college football and I guess I'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out. Only time will tell. And a lot of guys with a lot of money who care a lot about college football. And it wouldn't surprise me if ESPN sponsored some switches.

But that's just my opinion and slightly uninformed analysis. I'll keep you posted, readers.

Thanks, and gig 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment