Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Post-season, books, jobs, and sickness

Dear MLB post-season: Meet the Rangers. Oh, you've already met? That's right. Sorry for my mistake. I'm still not used to my main men OWNING. I plan on them transcending the "3rd time's the charm" cliche. I mean, who needs 3 tries when you win it all in 2? Your thoughtful fan, Linley.

Yes, America/world, it's happening again. My favorite, favorite celebrities are marching into the post- season with a nice little lead. No wildcard for them--they earned it all. I'm so proud of my Rangers. They are seriously amazing and I love them so much. So claws, antlers...and whatever that cobra thing is. But they can rock it and for that I am grateful. Thank you boys for giving Texas pro-sports a good name because we know that Jerry isn't doing it for us.


In one week, The Son of Neptune debuts into the world. That's right, fellow nerds, Rick Riordan's second installment of the "Heroes of Olympus" series hits the stores and I plan to ride my bike over to my car (yeah, my car is parked that far away...ugh) and get over to Barnes and Noble...right after my history test. It is a blessing indeed that my two tests next week fall on Monday and Tuesday so the rest of my day can be spent in Greek/Roman mythology. And, sorry Dr. Brooks, but mythology is way more interesting than the Puritans and "Common Sense". Personal preference; don't be offended. After reading the released first chapter months ago, I've been awaiting this day May. And it's so close to me I can practically feel the paper in my fingers. Don't judge me and my nerdiness. I embrace it wholeheartedly.


So, being a Pine Cove counselor has been my dream since the day I stepped foot onto that camp... 5 summers ago. Yesterday, I interviewed to be a counselor (when did I get this old?). I was nervous out of my mind and it sounded like I was going to cry the whole time because my voice was all janked up from me hollering my brains out at the football game on Saturday, but I wasn't. Except for when she asked about  my most traumatic event (the death of my grandfather). Then I kind of got choked up. Otherwise though, I was good. After my interview, I went back to my dorm and was about to head upstairs when I saw the Sky Ranch table. Sky Ranch and Pine Cove are very similar--both awesome youth Christian camps who exist to serve and minister. On a whim, I stopped and talked to the guy at the table and ended up signing up for an interview the next morning (this morning). I applied online last night and had my interview and it was fantastic. And if both camps offer me a job, I honestly don't know which one I would choose. They both seemed so solid and amazing and it would be an honor to be one of the "cool counselors" for their camps. But we'll see what God's got in store for me. He'll provide what He wants me doing this summer and I'm pumped to see what it is.


But major bummer: I'm sick. Headache, weak, congested nose and throat, stomach not happy with me. The works. I think I'm just exhausted. School and staying up late has finally gotten a strong hold on me and now it's time for this girl to take some Advil sinus medicine and sleep until the cows come home... or when my alarm goes off. I'm going home this weekend (yippee!) and will be all doctored up and rest in my big bed (though my school bed is pretty comfy too). I also think a reason for my sickness was that I ran around in the rain last night. That couldn't have been too helpful. Darn thunderstorm. We need the rain, but couldn't it have waited until I was back in my dorm? Apparently not. So now my bike is still all the way across campus and I couldn't go to Breakaway tonight because of my sickness. Ick. Not fun.


So that's a nice update on my life, world. Sorry I haven't been blogging much. I've got notes to write, homework to do, people to Facebook stalk...it's a busy life I lead. But I'll try to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment