Monday, November 14, 2011

20

I am now into day 2 of my twentieth year. The earth has gone around the sun 20 times in my life. I've been through 2 decades. I'm in my "twenties", the young, professional phase of my life. Weirdness. I just sound so dang old. So in celebration of my short-ish life, here's a list of events year by year over the past twenty.

1. I was born to Mike and Karen McCord, and became the first of three children.

2. I moved to San Antonio where I got my first busted lip, setting the tone for my future lack of coordination.

3. I got a brother.

4. I moved to Tennessee and learned how to work a VCR to the extent that I could get out of bed at 3 in the morning and put in a movie.

5. I got a sister.

6. I started kindergarten.

7. I got my first pet fish.

8. I accepted Christ into my heart.

9. My country was attacked for the first time in my life.

10. My long stint of orthodontic work began. Ohh the headgear...

11. I began the awkward years.

12. I went to Disney World for the first time.

13. I went on my first mission trip with 86:12.

14. I wrote a book.

15. I got my first kiss.

16. I became a hazard to society in the form of a teenager with a car.

17. I helped to build a house.

18. I went to Africa to love on those who didn't feel loved.

19. I went on my last mission trip with 86:12. Never forget New York.

20. I started college.

And that just scratches the surface.

Twenty down, ?? more to go. All in His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment