Friday, November 18, 2011

Free writing and the randomness that comes of it

So, in my English class, we were having some real difficulties paying attention. So she gave us two options to write for ten minutes on: your latest dream or a superpower you would want. I chose the latter because my last dream was a nightmare about me getting my wisdom teeth out and I didn't want to relive that particular nightmare for a third time. So here's my really random free write. Do not be alarmed.


I would totally have the power to teleport. Being able to just picture a place and be there would be absolutely unbelievable. I mean, you could go get lunch in Italy, tea in France, and then dessert back in Italy in one day. Heck, you could do it in an hour (if you ate fast, of course). How awesome would that be?

And traffic? Forget it. you wouldn't even need to have to buy plane tickets anymore. So long to bag checks, long lines, and crabby flight attendants. You would never have to sprint to class or hike all the way up those ramps to get to your 3rd deck seat at Kyle Field. All you would have to do is picture the place you want to go, close you eyes, and be there. 


Personally, I would still do normal things like drive and walk to my classes (unless there was too much traffic or it was raining or I was late). But I would definitely forego the stairs I have to climb to get to my 4th floor room or not ride my bike to my car, all the way across campus. Life would be exciting and easier with the ability to teleport. I could travel the world and not get jetlag. I could visit family without putting $60 of gas in my car.

Then again...I would probably become really lazy and fat because I wouldn't be walking from my room to my car. That would be a bummer. I guess I would just have to teleport to the rec center then.

No comments:

Post a Comment