Friday, March 25, 2011

100!!!!!!

So, this is my hundredth post since April of 2010. Almost a year ago, I started this thing that I thought was going to be a nutty misadventure. I mean, I'd already attempted a blog before and it failed epically. But I've been pretty good about posting on this thing, so this post will be all about 100. It will literally just be 100 things that have happened to me, about me, or thoughts by me. And they will be happy. I promise. Here we go.

1. I'm moved by my own writing--something about that is weird.

2. Movies and books can create bonds, but music is the universal thing that bond all people.

3. Ben Rector is the best semi-undiscovered artist out there.

4. Senior year really is as great as people say.

5. Government classes are more interesting than economics classes.

6. The Apple company is taking over the world.

7. I put songs on repeat constantly.

8. I have a tendency to be obsessive.

9. Somehow, I always feel intensely unprepared for essays and end up doing well.

10. Snakes are terrifying.

11. Sometimes I prefer the mountains and sometimes I prefer the beach.

12. The color green is prettier than blue any day.

13. Red Velvet Cupcake flavored hand sanitizer is amazingly delicious smelling.

14. My wrist always pops when I straighten my hair.

15. I'm only on 15 and am having issues thinking of more stuff. 85 more to go...

16. One of the leaders of my church likes his cherry limeade from Sonic with easy ice.

17. Mexican food is the best kind of food.

18. Wendy's new french fries are definitely an improvement.

19. I will never fake bake. Say no to cancer!

20. As pertaining to the above thought: sunscreen is your friend.

21. Walks down memory lane are fun. Most of the time.

22. I have a secret pyromaniac hidden inside of me. Shhhhh!

23. I'm not a closet nerd. Quite the opposite, actually. I'm a front stage nerd.

24. 2nd place is not the first loser--you still get a medal in the Olympics!

25. My room is pink but I wish it were brown.

26. A&M is not a school you would probably pick to go to if you wanted to study English. However, that's exactly what I'm doing.

27. Baseball>football. Sorry, Cowboys; the Rangers have my heart.

28. Jerry Jones, you built a spaceship in Arlington. It's ugly.

29. Also, Jerry Jones? You're not from Texas. You're from Arkansas. So stop putting on that awful accent and pretending that you are the essence of Texas.

30. I despise LSU. And Arkansas. And pretty much everyone else in the SEC.

31. Mac>PC

32. If your town doesn't have a Dairy Queen within 20 miles, you shouldn't be on a map in Texas. Though founded in Illinois, DQ is a Texas staple.

33. Small towns fascinate me. I want to live in one (small town=less than 10,000 people)

34. I really want a t-shirt from Henrietta, Texas that says "Henrietta Football" or something on it. That's where my grandmother is from and I'm kind of obsessed with it. And my grandmother still has family that lives there and I might get it. SCORE.

35. My favorite band of all-time is Switchfoot.

36. Nutella and pretzels together are delightful.

37. Getting mail is fun.

38. Middle school students are hilarious.

39. I LOVE DISNEY MOVIES.

40. Harry Potter is the best thing to happen to the world. Besides Jesus and bread.

41. Africa is a truly amazing place.

42. Go read a book. They're wonderful.

43. T-shirts and shorts are the only things I would wear for the rest of my life if I could.

44. God is big. Very, very big.

45. The address of my elementary school is 1100. I used to think that was the biggest number in the world.

46. Camelbak water bottles are absolutely amazing.

47. Pine Cove Christian Camp will change your life.

48. Sometimes, I just creep around on Facebook and plug people's names into babynames.com and see what names mean.

49. I need a real job.

50. My high school graduation is only 50 school days away.

51. Apparently, I am officially missing an organ. Thank you, hypothyroidism.

52. Watching football and playing football are far more different than you would think.

53. I now really like non-fiction.

54. Procrastination is always a bad idea.

55. I have 11 immediate cousins.

56. Vlogs (video blogs) are seriously awesome.

57. Prom is kind of stressing me out right now.

58. Are you getting bored yet?

59. Guacamole has replaced queso for my favorite sort of dip.

60. Join a church. Your life will be changed.

61. 90s music is ah-mazing. Backstreet Boys :)

62. Whenparentstext.com is the funniest website ever.

63. Fan-fiction is SUPER janky.

64. TVs go out if the electricity goes out. You don't have that problem with books.

65. Twitter is intriguing.

66. My mission trip balance is $666...that's some twisted irony for you.

67. Pens are way better than pencils.

68. I have a tendency to not be informed.

69. Awkward.

70. Lately, I've been having some super weird dreams.

71. There's a 3 inch space between my bed and my nightstand and I'm always afraid that someone is going to grab my wrist when I reach over to get something off my nightstand.

72. I slept with the closet light on until I was 13.

73. The stuffed bear I got when I was born was significantly bigger than me at the time.

74. The only person on the Rangers I don't like is Derek Holland because he threw 11 balls in the World Series. What a derp.

75. "Partyin', partyin', YEAH, partyin', partyin', YEAH. Fun, fun, fun, fun." Did I just get that song stuck in your head? Good.

76. I am incapable of successfully curling my hair.

77. I'm wearing a Josh Hamilton shirt right now.

78. Black fingernail polish is edgy.

79. One of John Mayer's best songs is "Gravity".

80. Froyo and ice cream are pretty much the same thing.

81. I have a very difficult time making decisions.

82. Movies and books blow my mind often.

83. I've never been in love, but I've sort of had my heart broken.

84. I just wrote something, and then looked up to see that I'd already written it as a number. 100 is a lot bigger than you think it is.

85. Hamburgers are delicious.

86. My favorite lunch: a hot ham-and-cheese sandwich on white bread with potato chips and a ice cold Coke.

87. I love hats. All kinds of hats.

88. Craftiness is not my thing.

89. Fear not, for God is with you wherever you go.

90. There's nothing better than Sonic happy hour (large soda=$1.08)

91. This is a picture-taking society.

92. It's taken me 3 days to write this post.

93. My camera goes with me everywhere.

94. "The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." Psalm 145:8

95. Writing a book isn't just something you do on a whim--it's about a million times harder than you probably believe it to be.

96. I will cry when the last Harry Potter movie comes out.

97. I love weddings. They're just so awesome.

98. Rainy days are my favorite kind of days. I always look outside to see if it's cloudy and am sad if it's not.

99. One day, I will have gone to every state in the US.

100. On the 100th day of school in kindergarten, I brought 100 Barbie shoes to show and tell.

And there you have it. 100 things.

No comments:

Post a Comment