Monday, March 28, 2011

Parachute

Mark the date, everyone. It is extremely important in my life. February 13th, 2011. Get it. Got it? Good.

I would just like you to know that I held hands with a semi-celebrity. We waffled.

So I went to this concert with two of my best friends, Holly and Paige. The band we went to see is called Parachute and they're awesome. They have great music, are goofy, and get involved in the crowd. They throw out a lot of guitar picks and "Hey Dallas!"s and dance around and be the typical concert band.

Well we were all just having a jolly ole time, jamming to some of their older stuff and hearing some songs that are going to come out on the new album (The Way It Was, coming out on April 12th). Then, they started their last song of the night: "Ghost". It's easily my favorite song of theirs. I don't know why I love it so much, but I just do.

Anyway, I'm standing there singing my heart out to this song with my eyes closed because I'm really into it. But when I open my eyes, Will, the lead singer, isn't on stage. His voice is still coming out of the speakers, but he definitely isn't on stage anymore. I was probably dead center in the crowd on all sides and when I looked to my left, I saw a bunch of screaming girls and the top of Will's head. He was making his way through the crowd. And literally headed straight to me.

Because I was at a concert, I lifted my hand (the right one) up once he got close, figuring I might as well try to at least reach to him. What I didn't expect, however, if for him to do the same thing to me.

Yes, I held hands with the lead singer of one of my favorite bands for about five seconds.

Five blissful, magical, amazing seconds.

The Plain White T's had NOTHING on Parachute after that encounter.

That goes into the list of most awesome moments of my life. Within the top ten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment