Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pre-prom. And other randomness.

Today is March 30th, 2011. My prom is ridiculously early this year...April 9th. Nuts. So that means that I should have all my plans together by now. I should have my nail appointment, I should have my hair appointment, I should have my dress hemmed, and I should have all my jewelry ready. I should also know where we're taking pictures, who is in my group, what we're doing after prom, and when I should order my date's boutonniere.

However, I'm just getting my dressed measured today to be hemmed. I don't have a nail appointment. I sort of have a hair appointment. I don't have earrings yet. I think I know where we're taking pictures, but I'm not sure. I don't personally know everyone in my group. I don't know what the official plans are for after prom (someone said something about whirly ball?). And I don't know when I should order my boutonniere.

This is my first (and probably last) time at prom and it's overwhelming the heck out of me.

I know what I get everything situated the day of, it'll be great. I'm excited to see if I won the senior class award (even though I probably didn't). I'm ready to dance like the white girl that I am. I'm ready to make memories and to laugh.

But all this prep work? Not a fan.

I'll keep you posted.

Randomness:

So, I'm going to be super honest with you and say that I really don't like poetry. As my friend Ben pointed out, I've never really had a good teacher to show me how to read and interpret it, so I don't have an appreciation for it. Which is true, yes. But that still doesn't change the fact that I don't like it and probably never really will. My poetry liking it limited to, like, haikus.

But I had this overwhelming compulsion to write the chorus for this song that kind of just popped into my head and it was one of those things that just wouldn't leave until I wrote it down. So here it is.


She wears her heart
On torn-up sleeves
Falling in love
Is in all of her dreams
She is dizzyingly beautiful
But feels so normal
In her constant state
Of heartbreak

It doesn't have a name yet...I don't want it to be all angst and stuff like "Constant State of Heartbreak". That's just too much. Maybe "Torn-Up Sleeves"? I don't know. We'll see. So I guess I'll keep you posted on that one too. 

Yep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment