Saturday, May 8, 2010

Agent Linley

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? I could so be a spy...not. I am not that good of an actress nor have mad skills in being coordinated/ninja-like. Rather unfortunate, I know. But here are some reasons why I do and don't want to be a spy.

Why I do:
1. I'd be a spy. Like, James Bond and Maxwell Smart.
2. Can you say resourceful? Jason Bourne (though not technically a spy...) could kill someone with any given household object. If I were a spy, I could kill you with, like, a butterknife. Not that I would want to do that to anyone. I'm just saying that I could...umm, anyway.
3. I would know tons of national secrets. That would be so awesome.
4. I would be the very definition of "kick-butt".
5. My acting skills would be worthy of Oscars/Golden Globes/other acting awards
6. Talk about adrenaline rushes.
7. I'd be using some pretty sweet weapons/gadgets even if I could kill you with a butterknife.
8. So long, school; I've got a country to save.

Why I don't:
1. The pressure would be insane...I could be compromised and killed at any time on a mission
2. It's not like I could tell anyone anything! I'd be living a lie on missions and at home because I couldn't tell anyone about my "real" life.
3. My dating life would be nonexistant.
4. My life as an actual spy would be shortish. At some point I'd be behind a desk to stay. Assuming that the US government doesn't try to kill me to protect it's secrets. Yikes!!
5. Talk about some life-or-death situations, jeez.
6. Traumatized!!!! Especially as a teenage spy. Poor Alex Rider.

So yes. I just completely listed out reasons to do/not do something that I won't ever get the chance to do anyway. But, hey, always be prepared, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment