Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm kept in check...most of the time

I'm prone to road rage. We'll just establish that now. It isn't extreme, let-me-get-the-most-lethal-thing-in-my-car-and-hit-you-with-it road rage though. It's more like, you-do-something-I-don't-like-I'll-yell-at-you. And the people who rip me off don't even hear me when I yell at them. That's a good (but sometimes frustrating) thing. So here's a few examples.
Tanner and I were driving home from somewhere. We were on MacArther, coming from the Lewisville direction. I'm going about 40 in the 35mph zone, just kind of cruising along, talking to Tanner, that kind of thing. Suddenly, this huge black truck zooms by me and the dude who was driving smirks at me like, "you wimp" and keeps hauling down MacArthur. I was kind of mad, just thinking "Okay, he's a jerk." Then, as he passes me, I see the unmistakable green Texas with a dragon in it: the famed and annoying Southlake emblem. To say I flipped out is an understatement. Tanner was emarrassed. Although Dragonpoop couldn't hear me, I still kind of let him have it. Whatever.
Today, whilst coming home from school, Tanner and I stopped at the Heartz/Parkway intersection, like we were supposed to. It was a normal day, everyone going their turn, that kind of thing. Then this oldish dark green minivan just flies around the corner, coming from the other side of parkway (Tanner and I were coming from the HS direction, minivan was coming from the Kid Kountry direction, to give you some perspective). I was halfway through the intersection, BECAUSE I'D GONE MY TURN, and minivan almost hits me, so I honked at him. Minivan driver was a fat, balding man with a beard who had his window down. So, after I informed Lardface of my existance via horn, he proceded to flip me off. Well you know I just took that so well. Take my anger from Dragonpoop. Multiply it by about six bazillion. I yelled and hollered and, this time, Tanner was right there with me. Of course, we were kind of laughing. Like, this dude might have been going to pick up is elementary school kid and yet he's flipping off students who are obeying the law. Like, I'll try not to follow the basic rules of driving next time. Jeez.
I'm not a mean driver. In fact, I'm a pretty nice driver. If you cut me off, I'll probably give you a little honk from my horn, but I'll forget about it. No hard feelings. Mostly, I just want other people to know that I'm on the road too and it isn't their place to just go zooming around like they own the place. But I let people in, don't get on people's tail, etc. A main reason for this is the cross that hangs from my rearview mirror. It reminds me to not follow close behind people and to let people in when they're stuck in a parking lot or whatever.
So, fellow drivers, you can thank Jesus for allowing me to not tailgate.

No comments:

Post a Comment