Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm a busy busy bumble bee

Emphasis on the "busy" and the "bumble" in that title. Want to know my general summer outline that's actually pretty specific? It's CRAZY! And I'm beyond excited. I know some people long for that lazy summer spent by the pool and memorizing what shows come on at what time during this fine season. But I am way past that stage. Now, summer embodies the vary meaning of "busy". And, frankly, I love it.


My summer doesn't "officially" start until June 7th because the 6th is a Sunday and I take the lovely SAT on the 5th. Then the 4th is sort of randomly tossed in there and who knows what I'll be doing that day. So that first week I'm sort of doing some babysitting, sleeping in a little, relaxing, getting prepared for the next 2 crazy weeks.


The following 2 weeks I'll be working at my church's vacation Bible school, chillin' with some kindergarteners who are basically the cutest kids ever. Giving piggy-back rides and holding hands are all part of the routine. Then the week after VBS, I head to Atlanta, GA for some mission trip action. With 200 of my closest friends, of course. Being in charge of a VBS site by afternoon and in charge of other stuff by morning and night, I will gladly crash into bed each night and enjoy my next week off.



Or maybe not. Babysitting my cousins and some kids down the street may not be overly relaxing but less difficult than, say, being in charge of a VBS site. And it'll be the perfect time to do college applications. College applications. AHHHHH!!!! That kind of freaks me out. But babysitting is a relatively easy and even fun way of earning some money, so I won't object to it.

But I only get a week and a few days before I go to KENYA. Hot dog. Leaving on Tuesday, July 6th, I'll be out of my home for a total of 17 days. Crazy! I'm sure there will be many a-blog about that particular trip. Ya-hoo!! I'm so amazingly excited about that. I can't even describe it.

Then when I get home, I have a nice week off. With the usual babysitting and whatnot. Then it's off to Pine Cove for me. My last year...noooooo! Though the fact that my last year at Pine Cove is here, I'm excited for future options with the awesomeness that is that camp. Possibly an intern there next year. Possibly applying to be a counselor after my freshman year of college! But that's quite a ways off. I still have lots of praying time before that happens. Anyway, going to my last year at PC with one of my best friends is just amazing and I'm thrilled to be able to go.

After I get home from my week long camp, it's time to start getting school stuff together. Of course, I go to be a counselor for the 4 day long elementary school kid's camp my church does. Rockin' C Ranch. I'm pumped! I'm one of those weird teenagers who loves kids. What can I say? I'm quirky.

When arriving home, I get my senior year schedule and new parking space and but a week later, school starts up.

And that, ladies and gents, is my summer. Hope you enjoyed hearing the overview, because I will SO keeep you posted. Get excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment