Thursday, May 6, 2010

If I could meet 3 famous people they would be...

We'll just launch right into this. The title is pretty self-explanatory.
1. Jason Witten. Like, hello! He's basically amazing. First of all, he's a football player. And he's pretty dang good at being the Dallas Cowboy's tight end. Heck yes, #82. My favorite was when he was carrying the ball and his helmet came off and he still got several more yards. Pure greatness. But the best part about Witten? He is second. He is a Godly man in a job that is not Godly by any stretch of the imagination (oh, hey, Ben Rothlisberger). Spell check on the QB's name just now. Anyway, Jason Witten proclaimed his faith for the world to see. And that gets him a bunch of awesome points in my book. So he's the first in my list of people I want to meet.
2. Josh Hamilton. Noticing a trend? Okay, so maybe I've only listed 2 so far. But Josh Hamilton plays baseball for the Rangers. He's got curly hair and a nice swing when it comes to going up to bat. He also has a past of drinking in a big way. And a few tattoos. But you know what? Much like his fellow Dallas sports player, Hamilton is second. Redeemed from his past mistakes and covered when it comes to the ones he'll make in the future, Hamilton makes his past known as well as his faith. Gotta love those Dallas athletes.
3. Rick Riordan. No, he is not an athlete. He's not from Dallas. He does live in Texas (the ever-cultural San Antonio). The best part about this man? He writes. And not only does he write, but he writes well. Heard of Percy Jackson and the Olympians? The movie, perhaps? Well it was based on a book. A book series, actually. And it's only one of my favorite, favorite, series ever. Right up there with Harry Potter and Maximum Ride. His humor is witty. His characters are always great. The stories are always beyond interesting. What's not to like?
So yes. Here's my top 3 people I would meet. Notice how there are no "celebrities" on here. True, my fourth choice would be Taylor Lautner. But I said 3. So that's what I'm stickin' to. Hope you liked my choices. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment