Friday, August 5, 2011

Busier than a bee in the springtime

Hi. I should be doing a number of things right now instead of blogging.

I should be cleaning my room.

I should be getting cash for the weekend.

I should be making sure the rest of my house is clean before it's invaded by an undetermined number of middle school girls.

I should be throwing my pillowcases in the dryer so freshen up a little bit.

I should be helping my sister put the sheets back on her bed.

Am I doing any of things these? Nope. I'm blogging. And, honestly, the only thing productive about blogging right now is that I get myself to actually breathe for a few minutes. But sometimes it's just better to hold your breath.

On another note, my life has gotten marginally better since the August 1st post ("Ugh"). I'm no longer sick. I found out where my parking lot is but I still don't ever recall paying for it. My room still needs work. I got a haircut and made a major dent in the dorm shopping. I have a solution to the lack of wifi in my dorm. I don't need to find a replacement babysitter. I have some cute clothes. I'm not in need of Ibuprofen at the moment. I'm making strides in my book, but it still won't be finished before school starts. I can't really change the weather but I'm getting used to the heat.

Okay, so it might not sounds that much better, but not being sick is a huge improvement.

However, my life is about to go ballistic. Tonight I'm hosting a middle school girls sleepover at my house that I have to get everything ready for and clean up after. Tomorrow I'm going shopping with my best friend who I won't see again until October. Tomorrow afternoon I'm driving down to College Station with a friend for fish camp. I have to make a list of things I need my parents to get while I'm at fish camp for the next week. I have to go to the bank. I need to finish cleaning the house/my room. When I get home from fish camp, I go to a family group party that night (my last thing remotely associated with VRBC). The next day, I get my wisdom teeth out. And on Saturday the 20th, I make sure all my stuff is packed and drive down to college.

Yeah. It's all happening that fast. I'm scared. I'm excited, but I'm scared.

Ready or not, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment