Wednesday, August 24, 2011

College post

So I moved to college on Saturday.

I've eaten in the cafeteria, ordered my books, gotten some free food, and stayed up way too late.

Notice something missing?

Yeah, classes haven't even started yet.

I'm not rushing and am bored out of my mind.

Fun fact: if you don't know very many people and don't make plans to hang out with those that you do know until that day, you end up painting your nails and watching a movie all by yourself in your dorm room.

Honestly, I'm feeling completely unproductive right now. I want to be busy. I want classes to start. I want to have to study. I want to go to football games. I want to join the clubs. Just get me out of Krueger and into some social opportunities please.

I know that I could be doing a lot more right now to develop my social skills, like wander around the hall and meet people, but that's just not me. It needs to be me. But it's not. So now I'm sitting in my room hunting for someone to just go get some pizza with when I really want something healthy like strawberries.

College is really not that fun right now. It will get fun. But right now it isn't. I don't want to go home, but I don't want to be here.

So...now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment