Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wisdom teeth

Here's my question to God: Why?

I repeat: WHY, GOD, WHY?

I get my wisdom teeth out at 9:50 on August 15th. I'm not allowed to eat normal food for another week. I'm going to be knocked out and operated on. I'm going to drool and not feel my face for the rest of the day. I'm going to say really stupid things while on the drugs, definitely embarrassing myself. I'm going to be incapable of being normal for who knows how long. I'll have to sleep sitting up. The last week before I go to college. Of course.

Everyone keeps telling me how great it is. It's fun to be all goofy on the drugs. Being waited on is wonderful. Having an excuse to eat only ice cream and pudding is a gift from the heavens.

But is no one normal? Is no one freaked out at all by having people go into your mouth and take out teeth while you are completely unconscious? Who knows what could go wrong! What if they break my jaw or something? What if I don't wake up?

What if I die when they're trying to pull teeth?

I'm not a squeamish person normally. But when I was walked through the procedure at my consultation, I almost fainted. Like, I needed water and to be fanned and was all pale. So that was embarrassing. I get that they're going to give me laughing gas so it'll feel like I'm floating and I'll be asleep before I know it, but they still might have to give me Valium or something to make me chill out. Just thinking about it scares me. Maybe I've heard too many horror stories about dry sockets and bloody gauze, but my dad might have to drag me out the door to get me to go.

I so do not want to do this.

Please don't make me do this.

Let me stay wise.

So much angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment