Friday, August 19, 2011

THIS IS HAPPENING.

Observations by Linley:

1. I move to college tomorrow.

2. I can eat solid foods now.

3. Oral stitches are the most disgusting things ever.

4. Antibiotics are the second most disgusting things ever. Ew.

5. My room had to get messy to get clean.

6. I came pretty close to crying tonight. Didn't happen, but almost.

7. I'm leaving behind some great friends.

8. Tomorrow, I have to haul tons of stuff up to the fourth floor of a building with no elevators.

9. I'm about to become really good at utilizing spaces.

10. Home chapter is closing tomorrow. Independence opens tomorrow. 


I really didn't want to say, in that last observation, that "life" starts tomorrow with me going to college. Because, let's be honest, life started almost 20 years ago for me. I have been living. I have been getting memories, lessons, experiences, pain, and laughs for the past 19 years. A new part of life is starting, absolutely, but not the whole thing. I'll still remember my times as a "kid" as I step into my next chapter.

So bring it A&M. Bring me new things and teach me to understand old things. Let me grow and learn. Let me make mistakes. Let me laugh and let me cry. Let me win and lose. I'm ready for this new adventure. 

Growing up but staying young, ready or not, here I come. 

1 comment: