Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 12: Something I don't ever leave the house without

There are many, many things I don't leave my house without.

And I don't want to be cliche and say "my cell phone is my life" because it isn't. And it's a lie if I say "I don't leave without my keys" because I forget my keys all the time when I'm not driving. I'll walk out of the house without my iPod and I'll leave without putting on shoes. Sometimes I even totally space out and forget deodorant. But that's only on bad days.

So, to answer the question, I don't ever, ever leave my house without my Kenya bracelets. I mean I obviously used to because I didn't have one before July of 2010. But I wear two every day now and my wrist just feels extremely weird without them. They are a reminder of the 17 days I spent across the Atlantic ocean. They are a reminder of how God continues to make waves in my life. They are a reminder of how hard I laughed and how hard I cried with some of my closest friends. They are a reminder that I actually saw wild elephants with my own two eyes.

One looks like the Kenyan flag, which is black, red, and green and has a tribal shield on it outlined in white. The other one is made out of mosquito netting and has two red beads that keep it on my wrist. They make me feel comfortable and make me rem
ember Kenya.

So that's what I never leave the house without.

No comments:

Post a Comment