Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 15: Bible verse(s)

A few of my favorites. Or several of them.

"The LORD is indeed going before you, He will be with you, He will not fail or abandon you. Do not be afraid or discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

"I will praise You, Oh LORD my God, with all of my heart I will glorify Your name forever." Psalm 86:12

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"But you, Oh LORD, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." Psalm 87:15

"...as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our sins from us." Psalm 103:20

"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30

"Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, 'Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, He will come with vengeance; with divine retribution; He will come to save you." Isaiah 35:3-4

"But He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20b

"Accept one another, then, just as Chris accepted you, in order to bring praise to God." Romans 15:7

"For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more having been reconciled, shall we have saved through life!" Romans 5:10

"But God demonstrates his own love for his in this: While we were still sinners, Chris died for us." Romans 5:8

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:1-2

"Therefore, if anyone is in Chris, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come!" 2nd Corinthians 5:17

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness." 2nd Corinthians 12:9

"I have been crucified in Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself to me." Galatians 2:20

"Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself himself to somebody else." Galatians 6:4

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us..." Ephesians 5:1-2a (I have a whole post dedicated to the book of Ephesians)

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." Ephesians 6:18

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Philippians 2:5

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 4:23

"Don't let anyone look down on your because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." 1st Timothy 4:12

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

"You believe there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." James 2:19

"A body without a spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." James 2:26

"The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen." Revelation 22:21

I love the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment