Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 19: Something I miss

I know this was my 3rd post in the past 20 minutes, but I need to get caught up! And now was the perfect time to get it done. So yes. On to the prompt now.

To be honest, I don't miss anything. I'm not really nostalgic. I mean, I miss being innocent and not knowing half the things I know now (innocence is blissfulness) but that's corny and I don't think I can write more than that on the subject.

I guess, more than anything, I miss elementary school. Where things were simple and less dramatic.

I miss kindergarten where I got to nap. I miss recess. I miss playing kickball in PE. I miss pizza day Wednesdays. I miss choir practice on Wednesday nights at church with all of my friends. I miss the band my friends and I made up when we were cool 5th graders. I miss being a kindergartener and thinking 5th graders were the coolest people ever. I miss learning how to read. I miss the days where math was 1+3 and that was the hardest part of the day. I miss my teacher giving me a sticker and telling me to make a story about it. I miss thinking shows like Spongebob and Rugrats were hilarious. I miss Pokemon and how my brother and I watched it every day. I miss my feet not being able to touch the ground when I sat in my chair. I miss having issues getting on the swing because I wasn't tall enough. I miss being frustrated when the older kids broke the bridge on the playground. I miss it being socially acceptable for me to sleep with a stuffed dog every night. I miss ladybug hunting and dandelion blowing and tag playing.

And now I'm nostalgic. Thanks, 30 day blog challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment