Thursday, April 7, 2011

Oh, hey God.

So I'm a middle school leader at my church. Every Wednesday night, I show up at around 5:45 to eat dinner and greet middle school students as they come in for our Wednesday night activities, called 180. I love it. It's a blast. And those kids aren't the only ones who learn something from coming to middle school 180--I get stuff out of the talks by Jason and Chris (hey guys) too.

Alright, so last night Jason read and talked about Philippians 1:1-12. That passage is basically Paul telling the church at Phillipi that he misses them and is constantly praying for and loving them. He is ridiculously joyful in this passage--Paul had some serious Jesus juice in him.

After reading the passage, Jason told us to close our eyes and think of one person who wasn't our best friend or in our family to really love and pray for. I chose a girl who I lead in Bible study and sort of disciple. I guess that's what I call it. Her name is Joy. In fact, she'll probably read this post. So, hey kid. Love you.

Anyway, I prayed for Joy. I thanked the Lord for her beauty and her laughter and her love. I prayed that she would be mindful of others at all times. I said that I loved her about a million times. She's hard to read, but I think that's why I love talking to her. You never know what you're going to get from Joy and that's exactly how it's supposed to be. God makes no mistakes.

Fast forward to today. I'm watching American Idol and talking to my parents about graduation stuff (a whole different ball game) when my phone vibrates. And lo and behold, it's Joy. Here's the conversation:

Joy: Hey! I just thought I would tell u that I read ur blog! I got up at 3 this morning because I was sick. I thought of things to do and remembered u had a blog! I am just texting u to say it was great! I loved reading it! You are a great writer and I hope to read more soon! Luv ya! <3

Of all the chaos that's been going on in my life (hello AP English), this was kind of an unspoken prayer answered. I didn't know I needed this, but I did. As usual, God knew exactly what I needed and how it should come. This was absolutely of "Yes, Joy was the right person to pray for" confirmation.

Crazy. CRAZY. God works in mysterious and powerful ways. He knows what is best for us when we don't. He knows we need water when we don't know we're thirsty. He knows we need love when we don't feel lonely. He's got it down.

My spiritual life has been put on the back-burner for the past month. Life suddenly felt like I'd been thrown in a washing machine set to "high power wash". Things just got crazy. Things are still crazy. Things won't stop being crazy until I graduate...in 41 days (and counting).

What do I have to say to that? Bring it. Bring it, senior year. Because though I can't handle it, I have a God who can. And He's constantly putting people in my life who will remind me of Him.

BRING IT ON.

"You are good, you are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, you are love
On display for all to see
You are light, you are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, you are hope
You have covered all my sin
You are peace you are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true you are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy you are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life you are life
Even death has lost it's sting."
--Forever Reign

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You know, girl, you have LOTS of people praying for you during this last 41 days of school.

    ReplyDelete