Monday, April 11, 2011

Piano.

This is my last year for piano ever.

I've been playing and taking lessons since I was in second grade--so just over 10 years now. Many, many times I've wanted to quit. Practicing has never been enjoyable; it's always been a chore. Very rarely do I just sit down and break out in song. To be completely honest, there are really only 3 songs I've ever genuinely enjoyed playing. One of which was a Disney song. Thank you, Aladdin.

My last recital piece is called "River Flows in You" by this Japanese piano aficionado named Yiruma. He's a boss. I had to cut out a whole page because the song is just too much for me to learn in two months. Piano has never been "my thing". That would go to writing. But there's something about being at home by yourself and letting your fingers fly over the keys. "River Flows in You" can make a person do that.

The song is really pretty. I'm excited to play it and hopefully memorize it. That'd be a cool thing to take to college, even if it wouldn't be the whole song. Don't tell my mom, but I think I am going to miss my Baby Grand when I go to A&M--they just have the little church choir pianos where I'm probably living. Bummer.

But the worst part about piano has been the recitals. An hour and a half of kids playing 30 second to five minute songs. It's been fairly awful for everyone involved. This year, however, some of my friends have decided that they want to come. Yeah, not a chance. I'm in the recital and even I get ridiculously bored. I can't even imagine how they would do. Yikes. So, on the off chance that any of y'all are reading this, you are most certainly not coming to the recital.

Let's run a test though, shall we? I'm going to put the vague location of the recital on here and see if they pester me about the place and whatnot.

Northlake.

This will be my little experiment.

I'll keep you posted, readers. And please, do not show up at the recital. Spare those 2 hours of your life for something more productive, like underwater basket weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment