Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Time

I don't seem to have enough of it lately. Maybe because my time management skills are a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm so low that I'm not even on the chart. Maybe because prom has snuck up on me even though I've been thinking about it since August. Maybe because I don't feel quite ready to be in college and am trying to take advantage of all the fun (though limited) things I can do at home.

Or maybe just because I'm an amazing procrastinator.

Yeah, I'm going to go with the latter on that one.

You see, I've known about how I need to read John Steinbeck's East of Eden since January. I've known that it is due tomorrow and that I have to write an essay over it. I have also known that it's 604 pages long. When did I start reading it? On Sunday.

For a book that I sort of liked but wouldn't have read it if I didn't have to, I've read about 150-200 pages a day since Sunday. Of course, I can finish a 400 pager in about a day if I have the time and desire and if I actually enjoy the book.

But I didn't have the desire. Nor, really, did I have the time. Seeing as I have to read just under 500 pages of Crime and Punishment by next Friday. Did I mention that I have prom on Saturday?

Needless to say, I've watched a maximum of 2 hours of TV this week and have crashed every night at around one in the morning. It's an unfortunate fact that this semester has been harder than the last semester. Which is so backwards I can't even stand it.

Moral of the story: I either need to manage my time better or not have crazy English teachers who assign us a ton of reading when the class of 2011 has officially checked out for good. With prom, senior skip day, senior parties, and graduation lurking just around the corner, it's amazing we can even stay in our seats for longer than ten minutes.

Time, right now, is working against me.

But the promise of only 42 more days of high school pushes me forward.

Get me out of here. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment