Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Uncoordinated person on a tightrope.

I've been really negative lately. And I apologize. Right now in my life, a whole lot of good is happening but so is a whole lot of bad. Everything is kind of rolling into one big, confusing snowball that's coming down the hill. It's not a question of if it will hit me, because it will. The question is what side it will hit me on: the good or the bad.

So here's a list.


Goodness.

1. I graduate in 33 days.

2. Parachute just released a new song that I'm obsessed with. "Kiss Me Slowly". Check it out.

3. Friend angst is over.

4. I have friends who will tell me what I'm doing is stupid and stop me.

5. I have a new car that has tan interior (very important when you're senior parking spot faces west).

6. School is starting to close up shop. Slowly but surely.

7. I'm not taking any AP tests and it feels fantastic.

8. I've become friends with people I wouldn't expect myself to be friends with.

9. The Rangers are rocking it. Generally.

10. Almost all of my college friends are coming home this weekend.

11. "African Cats" is coming out on Friday. Thank you, Disney.

12. A&M is so close.

13. I can almost taste summer.

14. The forecast shows 6 days of rain. This thrills me. I love rain.

15. Crime and Punishment is almost done.

16. I'm almost done applying to scholarships.

17. I get to go to the Matt Wertz/Ben Rector concert on Saturday with two of my favorite people.

18. The local A&M club offered me an interview for a scholarship.

19. My students at the middle school I teach at are more hilarious by the day.

Badness.

1. Rangers lost miserably to the Angels last night. I'm just pretending it didn't happen.

2. My teachers are just barely beginning to recognize that I checked out 5 months ago.

3. No books are coming out soon.

4. I don't have time for any books.

5. I have to write a monster essay for my English class about Crime and Punishment.

6. I probably won't be exempt from my math final. I'd have to make a 97 this six weeks. Not gonna happen.

7. Suddenly, I have a small army of zits on my forehead.

8. I had a fight with a friend.

9. Parachute's album isn't coming out until May. Angst.

10. School is attempting to take over my life.

11. AP English is stressing me out. So are scholarships.

12. I haven't been able to write much.

13. The whole "friends-wanting-to-come-to-my-piano-recital" deal hasn't been resolved yet. I still say that they aren't coming. They still say that they are.

14. I'm so exhausted.


Anyway, those are all the things I'm dealing with right now. In no particular order, really.

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn form Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29.

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you." Psalm 55:22

"Love is here/Love is now/Love is pouring from His hands/From His brow/Love is near/It satisfies/Streams of mercy flowing from His side/Cause love is here." --"Love is Here" by: Tenth Avenue North.

No comments:

Post a Comment