Friday, April 8, 2011

T-minus 17 hours (and counting)

Right, so prom is tomorrow.

I REPEAT. PROM IS TOMORROW.

And the good news is that...

1. My nails are all done and look pretty (silver!)

2. I have all my jewelry and everything flows

3. I have a clutch to keep my phone, ID, ticket, camera, money, and lip gloss in. And maybe a few bobby pins.

4. I know the official plans

5. I have a hair appointment and my mom is doing my makeup

6. I know where we're taking pictures

7. I have ordered the boutonniere

8. My dress has been hemmed to perfection

9. After-prom plans have been officially set

So all of this is good! The not-necesssarily-good-but-certainly-not-bad news now:

1. I still don't know everyone in our group.

2. I need fake hair because I don't have enough normal hair.

3. I cut myself shaving. Okay, that's straight up bad news. Youchers.

4. Tomorrow is going to be 91 degrees with humidity and windy. Awesome.

The good definitely outweighs the bad. So that's comforting. Overall, I think it'll be a pretty great night. I'm so excited.

Last thing...

Today I went to Panda Express and they gave us fortune cookies. Now, I am not superstitious by any means whatsoever. I ignore black cats, I throw spilled salt in the trashcan, and walking under ladders does not bother me, nor does Friday the 13th (my birthday is sometimes on Friday the 13th...no fear!) freak me out.

Now, I've been about 90% sure that this other girl will win the superlative I was nominated for since I saw her on the ballot. She's some Korean superstar and in beauty pageants and really smart. She's got this thing in the bag. But today I get a fortune that says "You will be awarded a great honor". I don't know that winning a class award is "great honor" but I like the sound of it. It gives me hope. But I'm still tentatively half on the rug--I do not want to fall on my face if it's pulled out from under me.

Part of me thinks that this is God's "don't doubt yourself!" encouraging piece of love He's giving me before prom.

Most of me thinks that it's an insignificant coincidence.

So we'll see.

Again, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment