Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 6: A picture that makes me happy.















Meet Tyson. He's four years old. He is extremely ticklish. He likes suckers. He has long eyelashes. Sometimes he sings for you. He's little bitty. His laugh could light up the world if it were put on a global microphone.

Meet Tyson. He wore the same clothes every day I saw him (four days). He speaks very little English. He had scars on his stomach. He lives in a slum. He has missing teeth. He never showed me any of his family. He cried when someone didn't hold him.

I met Tyson when I went to Kenya this summer. He was kind of adopted by my friend Mary Beth and me. He wore these three necklaces every day. This picture is of him laying across my knees while I was tickling him. My camera was in one hand and my fingers were tickling his ribs with the other. I miss him. I pray for him. I worry about him. I don't know how much he gets to eat in a day, a week, a month. I don't know where he lives. I don't know who takes care of him. He's precious and has a contagious smile.

Whenever I see pictures of Tyson, I can't help but smile. Though I do worry about him, there was just something about his innocence, his laughter, that was comforting. God's got him--and, really, that's all that's important.

I miss you, sweet boy. Keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment