Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 7: Favorite movies

Oh gosh, these change with the tide. It all depends on what I've seen recently but there are only a few that stay constant. As of this day, January 27th, 2011, these are some of my favorite movies:

1. The Proposal. Hilarious beyond hilarious. I've officially decided that if I can't have Ryan Reynolds, I want Sandra Bullock to. Some of my all-time favorite quotes have come from that movie ("So...so naked."). The two main characters have such a great chemistry and I didn't stop laughing through that whole movie.

2. She's the Man. I just watched that again recently. My favorite movie quote EVER comes from this movie: "When I close my eyes, I see you for what you truly are...which is ug-lay!" I laugh during that whole movie at how awkward Amanda Bynes is and how it was nice to see stud muffin Channing Tatum show his awkward/goofy side. A hilarious adaption of Shakespeare's already funny "Twelfth Night", "She's the Man" ties in modern culture to a centuries old comedy. Though it has some gross parts (Toby and Eunice's weird kiss at the end, anyone?), it is an all around great movie.

3. Tangled. I just saw this over the past weekend and loved it. The frying pan as a weapon, Maximus the opinionated horse, and an outlaw named Eugene. What could be better? A great take on the old Repunzel tale, Tangled had me laughing the whole time. Can you tell I like comedies?

4. Toy Story 3. A great finish to the amazing adventures of our friends Woody, Buzz, and their cohorts. It had my heart racing and kept me at the edge of my seat. Yes, I cried at the end and had an overwhelming compulsion to go home and play with my Barbies that I put in the attic years ago. It really makes you wonder about the secret lives of toys, doesn't it?

5. Step Up 1-2. Nope, 3 wasn't really my favorite, sorry. The first two were great though. I always want to get up and dance during those movies. Unfortunately, no one else wants me to. So I just sit and bob my head and pretend I have good dancing skills. I live vicariously through those movies. They're just so good! And the guys in them aren't hard on the eyes either...

6. Harry Potter 7 Part 1. Seeing as I have yet to see the second part, the first is my favorite. It stayed almost completely true to the book (unlike the preceding 6). It was a very emotional movie. I laughed, cried, gripped my seat, cut off the circulation of my friend's hand (sorry, Sarah Liz), and cursed under my breath to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. It was intense and dark and brilliant. I'm SO excited for the second part but also kind of dreading it. Because after that, no more Harry Potter. Well, that's a lie. Who wants to go to the theme park with me?!

7. Get Smart. I loved this movie. Great lines, great characters, great plot. Steve Carrel does an amazing job as the bumbling and ill-experienced Maxwell Smart and Anne Hathaway is perfect for the suave and complicated Agent 99. I could see this movie again and again.

So that's my list of awesome movies. I'm sure there's more that are some of my favorites but I can't think of them right now...whoops. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment