Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dear college football analysts: Y'ALL ARE STUPID.

I just would like to laugh at everyone who was all, "Yeah, TCU is good but they just won't do well against Big 10/Pack 10/Big 12/other large football district. They just don't have that skill." Or some variation of that statement.

BECAUSE LOOK WHO JUST BEAT A MAJOR UNIVERSITY. Bet you feel stupid now. Well I don't feel bad for you. Ha, ha, and HA. You need to not undermine little teams anymore. Because you might just end up looking like a big, fat idiot.

Though I am officially an Aggie, I was not stopped from wearing my TCU paraphernalia all day. And I just had this gut feeling that they were going to win. My mom claims that she has sports intuition and I'm starting to think that I do too. As weird as that sounds. No, I don't believe in voodoo or whatever--I'm just intuitive. I called my high school team losing to this one team. And that happened. I called TCU beating Wisconsin. And that happened. SO BOOM.

The TCU/Wisconsin game was basically the top defense in the nation against the top offense in the nation. TCU=defensive and Wisconsin=offensive. And just as I suspected, defense came up on top. My philosophy is this: you can score all the touchdowns you can but if you can't stop the other team, your touchdowns don't necessarily help. TCU had a fast, strong defense that stopped the booming offense of Wisconsin. They didn't stop them by much, just two points, but it was enough.

Tank Carder (yep, Tank is his name) had the clutch play of the game. He had a couple sacks, but his amazing play came in the last three minutes. Wisconsin had just scored and needed a two-point conversion to tie up the game. Their tight end was wide open and Gary Patterson (TCU's coach) had called a blitz. Carder is about to power up the middle when he looked up and saw the Wisconsin quarterback pulling back to throw. Then Carder just...jumps. And tips the ball away. Conversion foiled. Two minutes left in the game.

I love Gary Patterson. He's so classy. After every play for the next two minutes, it became obvious that TCU was going to win but they still had some playing time. A couple guys kept coming at Patterson with the gatorade cooler but every time Patterson said, "The game isn't over. Not yet." And they said, "Yes sir." Those players respect him so much. He runs a tight ship and it pays off--clearly. They're respectful and a great team. Of course, Patterson got drenched. And he was losing his voice because he yelled so much. And he looked like he was about to lose it. But he deserves the Rose Bowl win. He built TCU's program from the ground up. And I will always be a fan.

I'm also obsessed with Andy Dalton. OBSESSED. He's a ginger but he's cute and humble and a great football player. I heard this story about him the other day. So this woman was jogging through Fort Worth, near the TCU campus and rolled her ankle. Andy was driving by in his truck and pulled over to ask her if she needed help. She said yes and he took her to her house. When she got home, she told her husband what happened and that this nice young man took her home. She said he'd only told her that his name was Andy. Then the husband said, "Well, did he have red hair?" and the wife exclaims, "Yeah! He did!". Then the husband starts laughing and tells her that she was picked up by the Andy Dalton. What a cutie. Then, when he was interviewed at the end of the game, he recited a verse from 1st Peter. Gosh, what a great guy.

So, TCU, you get a great, big thumbs up from me. Y'all are seriously awesome. GO FROGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment