Friday, May 13, 2011

BEM Day 12: Bring in the dancing lobsters.

Catch that "The Amanda Show" reference? If yes, please leave a comment/write on my Facebook wall. If no, then shame be upon your face! Just look it up on youtube and be happy/educated.

Anyways, this post has nothing to do with lobsters other than the fact that I look like one, except with brown  hair and t-shirt and shorts tan lines. Impressive ones too. They are extremely embarrassing and I'm praying that they go away before Sunday afternoon. I really don't want to be the Red Wonder at my own graduation party. Ugh.

So yes. I'm extra crispy.

Here's the officially analysis:

1. Half my thigh to my ankle is burned.

2. My cheeks and nose are pretty bad.

3. My arms go from stark white to frighteningly red with no transition. It's the classic t-shirt tan.

I'm just in a lot of pain right now. I'm going to require a lot of lotion and moisturizer. And the shower is going to hurt so badly.

So how did I get so well done? I went to field day at a local elementary school and was on top of a large inflatable from 1-3 in the afternoon with that famous Texas sun right on top of me. The actual field day was a blast. Because I was at the top of the water slide, I determined when the children would go. My friend and I decided on a password and told the kids. We made the password animals and so, naturally, they had to make the animal sounds. The best were the chicken and the elephant. It was quite hilarious. I also spoke in a British accent and had most of them believing that it was my real voice. Classic.

Earlier in the morning, I was also signed up for the dunk tank. You know, that thing where one person sits on the little board and when the button is hit with a ball (or someone's hand...), the person on the board drops into the water. Yeah, I was that person for fifteen minutes. And, I assure you, it was a long fifteen minutes. The water was warm because it had come out of the hot water from the school's kitchen. But once you were in the water, you wanted to stay in the water because it was way warmer than the air. I wanted those kids to hit the button. A few girls were standing next to the tank and one of them said, "Hurry, someone hit it so that she stops shivering!" It was pretty sweet. After being dunked multiple times, I grabbed my extra clothes and went to the bathrooms to wring myself out and change.

Aside from being burnt to a crisp and inhaling a bunch of water, it was a good day. A really good day. But I'm definitely a middle school teacher, not an elementary school teacher. This much I have learned.


I am...

Listening to: "Your Love is a Song" by Switchfoot (again)
Looking forward to: My sunburn being gone
Procrastinating: Taking a shower because the pain is only going to increase
Thinking about: Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep
Wondering: Why I didn't put on sunscreen this morning
Reflecting over: The intense love I have for my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment