Saturday, May 21, 2011

BEM Day 20: Yep. Still here.

Harold Camping has to feel REALLY awkward right about now.

I mean, this is his SECOND failed Rapture prediction. I read somewhere that his organization spent over $82 million to broadcast the Rapture. People gave away their life savings and sold their homes and resigned themselves to hearsay. What these so called "Christians" forgot was that God is unpredictable and when He says that no one will know the date of His returning, He means no one. He would not leave us hints or little clues to figure out when He's returning. That would therefore mean that part of the Bible isn't true and then call the whole book into question.

You think God would undermine His own decrees?

My guess would be no.

I put the term Christians in quotation marks above because you cannot possibly be close to God and far from His word. By believing in a false prophet, these people strayed from the path of the Lord but believed they hadn't. You can't claim to be in touch with Him when you don't know what you're talking about if it pertains to Him. The Bible is not a work of fiction (contrary to what some may think); you can't just add to it or ignore pieces of it like they don't matter. Even all the weird stuff in some of the Old Testament books are there for a reason (to understand the past or history or whatever).

Yeah, I realize that I'm kind of tearing into this and ripping apart this whole Rapture prediction situation, but the fact that every single God-praising and Christ-following person I know is still around is further testimony to the fact that you can't believe everyone who waves a Bible and claims to have direct conversation with God.

Don't get me wrong: I would've been thrilled if God had actually come back today. I don't know if I would've realized what was happening (heaven is way too far beyond the grasps of my brain) but it would have be been sweet. Eternity with the one who loves me most? Yes please! But the fact of the matter is that we don't know when that will happen; we just need to be ready at all times.

So yes. As far as I'm concerned, this is all I'm saying about the Rapture 2011...or lack thereof.


I am...

Listening to: "Word Play" by Jason Mraz
Looking forward to: Senior Sunday tomorrow!
Procrastinating: Writing thank you cards...bleh
Thinking about: How I wish I could sing
Wondering: What ole Harold Camping is up to right now
Reflecting over: My mysterious God

No comments:

Post a Comment