Monday, May 23, 2011

BEM Day 22: Senior sort-of skip day

Alright, so here's the deal: my school gives us a senior skip/ditch day. Like, it doesn't count against us as an absence. They practically push us out the door. So it isn't really a "ditch" day if the administers let us go, right?

Yes, welcome to my high school where we are allotted a day to "skip".

But I guess ole CHS wins in the end, because we still have to come for about 3 hours.

Allow me to explain the topsy-turvey-ness of my high school.

Every year, there is this big ceremony for seniors. Basically, everyone who always gets everything anyway get awards at the end of the year. And your average people, like me, don't get any awards. It's that core group of 30 I've talked (okay, ranted) about before who are constantly getting up from their seats and going to get more awards.

I'm not bitter or anything.

Anyways, this ceremony is from 9-11 in the morning and we're required to come or we're counted absent. Yes, the admin takes attendance on senior ditch day. All the normal seniors and the sophomores and juniors who come to the assembly (freshman have to stay in their 2nd period classes...haha) just sit around and are bored. Excellent.

After wanting to beat my head against the wall for about 2 hours, they will finally set us free to do whatever we want with our free afternoon. 6 Flags tickets were sold all last week, but a lot of people aren't going. It'll be crowded and muggy and too expensive. So, instead, I'm going with some friends to a lake house and spending the afternoon there! I'm so excited. Some of the girls that are going are so sweet and beautiful and one of them is going to be my roommate next year at A&M! It'll be a fantastic afternoon/evening. The only bummer is that it will probably rain. Granted, the lake will be pretty chilly because we haven't really had a long stretch of warm weather so we wouldn't swim a lot, but it will just be nice to be outside and out of the city limits. We're bringing movies and games and a desire to talk. Because we're girls. That's what we do.

In completely unrelated news, I went to the Rangers game tonight and both Josh Hamilton AND Nelson Cruz got home runs after being on the disabled list. Way to be, guys. I so love the Rangers with a fiery, unbroken passion.

Yep. So tomorrow's senior semi-skip day should be fun. I'M PUMPED.


I am...

Listening to: "Let You Go" by The Rocket Summer
Looking forward to: SENIOR SKIP DAY
Procrastinating: Cleaning my bed off so I can get in it
Thinking about: The pros of having 2 different translation Bibles. There are many
Wondering: If it'll rain tomorrow...
Reflecting over: The fact that I'm so much of a senior that it's skip day tomorrow...when did this happen, exactly?

No comments:

Post a Comment