Sunday, May 15, 2011

BEM Day 14: Good vs. Evil

So I had to pretty much write a thesis this semester and read three pieces of literature that sort of pertained to my thesis. I studied good vs. evil and it was actually kind of interesting. At the end of the study, I had to do some creative piece that maximized my talents and I was going to write this epic metaphor piece about stars and shadows duking it out but then suddenly it was midnight the day before it was due (tomorrow) and I nixed that idea in favor of a poem.

I'm not a poet (and I know it) but sometimes I whip out something that I don't want to cringe at and delete faster than I can say "yikes!" This is one of those times. So, enjoy my poem about good vs. evil, reader. I may have written it for Mrs. Pearce originally, but know that I find your opinions more worthy of my writing than hers. Maybe that will teach her to actually give me some feedback on my essays every once in a while.

Okay, getting off the soapbox now. Here's the poem.


The Battle

Prepare to fight
Two sides oppose
No victor tonight
Yet the war grows

Purity and goodness
Choose a clean path,
While evil and darkness
Unleash their wrath

From the beginning of time
The temptations of a fruit
Condemnation now forever mine
The world to loot

The fall of man
Through the ages
From paradise we ran
Evil wrought the pages

Sometimes good wins
The hero on his mount
But evil cuts deeper than the skin
So only the wins we count

Life and resurrection
The good in mankind
But death and destruction
Will stay for all time



I am...

Listening to: "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland
Looking forward to: My legs being less red/painful
Procrastinating: Can you guess? The howersay
Thinking about: How this is kind of my last piece of critical thinking in high school English
Wondering: How I want to be a creative writing major if I don't really like poetry
Reflecting over: My life as a student at CHS and how it's flown by. Weirdness

No comments:

Post a Comment