Sunday, May 1, 2011

So long, small group.

Tonight was my last night to ever have 86:12 small group. 

86:12, the youth choir I am a part of and have been a part of since 6th grade (7 years of pure awesome), has been a major part of my life. In eighth grade, we started doing this thing called small groups where it was just your gender and grade. We had an hour devoted to it every Sunday night and it was a time for people who were going through your same deals came together. 

Though I'm not necessarily tight with everyone in my grade, we're all definitely friends. There's no question about that. I love all of those girls dearly and being able to be in a safe environment with them so we can talk about life has been such a blessing the past 5 years. We've all rolled with the tide and been blown by the wind. We can relate to each other and that's what has helped us along. I don't know how I would've gone through high school without my small group. 

But tonight, May 1st, 2011, was my last night in small group. 

When I thought about it initially, I was kind of sad and a little nostalgic but I figured I would be okay. You know, I would get all emotional and weepy and stupid like I have a tendency to be. Uh, yeah right. Right when our leader suggested that we all pray, I objected and then started crying. It wasn't bawling or anything, but enough for a few tears to fall and a tissue to be required. The awkward part? No one really joined me in crying. The not awkward part? We all kind of started laughing, which lightened the mood. Then the topic changed and the thing was forgotten.

But I'm still kind nostalgic about this. And I'm not really sure how to deal with it. Good bye, 86:12 small group. Sunday nights will never quite be the same without you for a while. I'll miss y'all. A lot. 

1 comment:

  1. i kinda know how it feels having to leave people you have literally lived with for what seems like all your life. I in a similar situation. friends acting all wierd by not being as tight as we once were. people are choosing to keep to themselves and not saying anything about it. It stings as much as it stinks. but what can you do? they have decided what they see is best for them. so right now i only bother with those who bother with me.

    ReplyDelete