Sunday, May 1, 2011

NOsama. Wow.

9 years, 7 months, and 20 days ago, America changed.

Permanently.

I was a third grader in Mrs. E's class when I'd learned that some people had crashed into these two buildings in New York. I'd watched the news with my mom and she gently explained what happened. To a  nine-year-old, this was an unthinkable act. It gave me nightmares. When my dad went on his next business trip, I begged him not to leave, tears streaming out of my eyes.

I'm now 19 years old. I'm leaving for college in 4 months. The date of today is May 1st, 2011. Today is the day I found out that Osama bin Laden is dead. The man who had caused my nightmares. The man who orchestrated an event that scared and scarred America.

He's dead. The US is in possession of his body. From what I've heard, it was some ambush mission or something that got him.

This doesn't end the war. But it is a morale boost for our troops. Though bin Laden wasn't a vital role in al Qaeda anymore, he was still a player. And now he's dead. This is fairly heartless, but I've only got 2 more words for you on the subject:

Good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment